Sarabande's internship program now offers three internship positions in each of our fall, spring, and summer seasons. Interns who complete our program gain the skills, references, and experience to launch their career in publishing.
Each intern will work closely with one director but will receive comprehensive exposure to editorial, marketing, development, and programming. We are currently accepting applications to fill our Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019 openings.
Responsibilities may include:
- Follow production process from manuscript acceptance to finished book.
- Assist with special marketing and outreach initiatives.
- Assist in planning local events and readings.
- Update our website and blog and create monthly e-newsletter.
- Proofread manuscripts and publicity materials.
- Organize contest submissions and respond to guideline requests.
- Help with grant research.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Meet with editor-in-chief and managing editor.
- Perform daily office duties, including mailings, answering email and phone, data entry, errands.
Interns work from our Louisville office 11am-4pm, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Interns will also be expected to work up to two local events per month (book festivals, conferences, fundraising events) that may land on weekends or evenings. Please only apply if you have reliable transportation. This internship is unpaid, but we highly encourage students to apply for college credit and funding. We will do our best to work with your university's for-credit requirements.
We will ask you for:
- A cover letter describing your interest in Sarabande Books.
- Your resume
- Your top fifteen contemporary books of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction (in any combination)